Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

How can you write with your Dyslexia ? (Tips for Dyslexic Writers)

Many times people ask me:  ''How can you write so well and be dyslexic ?''



The thing they don't understand it's that dyslexic people can read and write just like you with some practice and tips.


So here I give some of my personal tips to helps every Dyslexic writers in the world to write better.


1. Practice,  Practice,  Practice, and Practice reading books and writing;  learn news words,  keep a notebook,  enjoy it and never feel down or discourage when you don't know how to write something just ask and learn.  


2. Plan your writing with Bullets points.


3. Take your time,  it's important to take your time.


4. Content is the most important thing in your writing not your spelling. 


5. Write in different colors,  this can really help you.  Like me I prefer write in  red and blue this is more easy for me to read later.



6. Do some research.


7. Write Note before you put it on paper or on the computer  (bullet point note).


8. Fill your bullets points (pc),  just add more informations.

9. Don't rush, the more you rush the more mistakes you will make (take an hours or more if you want to write something very good).


10. Use technology like Microsoft corrector,  spelling check,  autocorect, detected word,...


11. Use a dyslexic font, there are several available online to buy and download. Find the one that works well for you.  They are fab and finally for me,  at least,  it has stopped the B and the P getting muddled up.


12. Write short, simple sentences.  For me I realize than when a sentence it's too long I just get lost.   So I decided to write simple sentence using subject-verb-object.   And also to keep my paragraph short as well to don't get lost. 


13. Avoid any type of Abbreviation.  Me I just cannot keep track with this when I write and I forgot if WA means weight average or something else.


14. Give your work space, like using one more space after the period.  This will help you keep in track with your essay. 


15. Read at least 4 times each sentences to see if their is a mistakes in it (read it latter not just before you write it, and correct it.  And do it also later.).


  
16. FINALLY NEVER GIVE UP, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING IF YOU WANT IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment