Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Dyslexia Nigthmare: - How hard can it be? - Seriously! you can’t spell that ? It’s soooooo simple!


Dyslexia some have hear of it, other have read about it, and some people never see this word before. But does anyone really know what it's ? I do, but the majority doesn't.

Some people make fun it, call dyslexic people slow or stupid.



The schools that are supposed to be there to help them in all honesty don't do anything and said ''University doesn't teach us Teacher how to help you.'' That the sentence they usually use to put the job in the hands of someone else.

When I was in primary school I didn't get any help, basically I was struggling alone with this learning disabilities, and I was trying so hard to don't slow down other student by the time it's was taking me so much more time than other to build a small sentence.

I've struggled so much to keep up in class, to past my class and had been called stupid or slow by many students & also teacher, after a while I start to believe it.

Every time the teacher said to me to read out loud in the class, I heard giggles and people calling me stupid and such because I couldn’t pronounce the majority of the words.

You know what this leads to? Low self-esteem…. I stopped raising my hand during class, I avoided working in groups, it went so far that I actually stopped speaking in class completely.

So I become the quiet one in the corner of the classroom in the last seat of the class and I barely ever said any word for approximately all my primary school. And when I did open my mouth to talk I was forced to do so by a teacher.

Finally in high-school a nice teacher see what was the problem, and call my parents to tell them that I was probably dyslexic and I need to past some test. And after the test I finally know that I was not stupid or slow and that all these people saying ''how hard can it be? or you just have to practice and you'll be better or how stupid you're ? or seriously! you can’t spell that ? It’s soooooo simple!”.

Didn't know anything because no it isn't so easy to a Dyslexic Person !



It's not good and it hurts so much when you don't know what you have, and constantly you're reminded that you are not as good as everyone else ? You see with your own eyes that everyone around you can do it,  but you didn't and you ask yourself : why can’t I ? And after you start to feel left out, alienated,  feeling that you don’t belong or deserve to be there or you just want to give up…

I think it's one form of bullying to call a dyslectic stupid or slow… it’s a disability that the person can’t do anything about…

And this won't go away with time !

So stop and think before you question someone's spelling or grammar!

There could be many reasons why it's this bad ?

* The language the person is writing in might not be their first language, critic is alright when it comes to fan-fiction or any other from of writing, but be nice! There is no need to bash on someone and degrade them for trying ! Help them improve until next time !

* The person might have dyslexia, it appears in different degrees (mine is classed as a quite severe one), if the person has made it clear that they are in fact dyslectic then you should not point out their mistakes because there is no point ! They already know that there are mistakes but they can’t be improved with “a little more practice”.

* The person might have been born with a condition making it hard to learn any languages and speaking over all.

This advices was giving to you by a dyslexic person so please next time try to take this into consideration before you comment on someone’s spelling and/or grammar or just before you call someone stupid or slow. It’s just basic respect, if you want to point out at someone else flaws then don’t just yell it in a form of insult, it’s just an unnecessary action which can hurt. And before judging others people flaws try to looks at yourself before !

If you had read all this, I would like to thank you for your time and I hope I've made a point.

A dyslexic person.

No comments:

Post a Comment